4/18/12

The Clean Up

I could look at the Clean portion of this month's cleanse in one of two ways: 

1. An epic failure in that I did not quit coffee, I barely followed the rules, I missed that gum(!) was on the avoid list and accidentally ended the week in a feast of cake pops and wine.

OR

2.  A really good try.

I am going to go with option number 2, because that is just the barrel of sunshine and pixie dust that I am.  Also, I really did give it the old college try.  And by "college try" I mean the way that I tried in college…half-assed and full of caffeine...  



I think Clean is a fantastic cleanse…that I was not remotely in the mood for.  I found it very structured.  Structure can be great, but this time I just wasn't feeling it.  I kept worrying about when I was supposed to be drinking a smoothie and what if I felt like solid food instead and I felt so guilty about the coffee.  Eh, it was just too much brain chatter.   I, also, found social obligations to be a bit of a challenge while doing this.  If I did this cleanse again, I would make sure that my schedule was free of any upcoming parties or events.  Especially, parties where they serve homemade cake pops and yummy red wine.

On the plus side, I found the elimination diet really easy to manage.  (Except for the gum.  Really??  Gum??)  Until the last day, I didn't have gluten, soy, dairy, sugar, eggs, alcohol, corn and (of course) meat all week long!!  My digestion was fantastic!!  I never felt bloated and didn't really miss those things at all.  Also, for what it's worth my friend Julia, who didn't know I was doing a cleanse, saw me 5 days in and remarked that I had lost weight.  I wasn't doing it for that reason, but I guess that's good empirical evidence just the same.

All in all, I think that Clean is a terrific resource with a ton of ground breaking information.  If you suffer from any of the ailments Dr. Junger mentions, it is definitely worth a look.  Just be sure that if you are going to do it full tilt boogie, you are prepared to make room for it in your life.  If, however, you are feeling a bit slacker-y like myself, maybe just take a look at the elimination diet and start there.  And steer clear of cake pops.  They can break even the strongest of wills.

-♥ J :)

**Next up a Natalia Rose Detox for Women overview.  For a sneak peek, check out THIS VIDEO.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...