4/3/12

And the detox winner is...

"Mellow-do-what-you-can-plant-the-seeds-of-change" detox!! Woo-hoo!!  Let's give both our contestants a hand!!  "All-out-take-no-prisoners-balls-to-the-wall-crazy" detox put up a good fight, but ultimately the thought of an obsessively strict detox made me want to crawl back under the covers.  Besides it's spring!!  This a time of exploration and growth.  It is a time to plant new ideas and see which ones bear fruit.  I've always said that detoxes aren't about chaste perfection, but rather they are about challenging habits and exploring a new way of living.  Let's approach this detox from a place of curiosity and adventure; a place of infinite possibility for unlimited growth. 

I have three favorite detoxes.  I couldn't decide which one to base this month's plan on..so I decided not to decide.  Instead, I will feature a different detox every week.  They have a lot of main principles in common, so switching it up shouldn't be too jarring.  Here's the plan:



Week 1: Wean Week
Ummm...When I say "Week 1", I mean right now.  So, put down that donut and let's get started!  This is the time to cut back on or eliminate the foods that can be major allergens.  Giving yourself a week to ease into things can prevent such annoying detox symptoms as headaches, skin irritations, fatigue, etc.  This week say your goodbyes to:

  • Gluten
  • Soy
  • Dairy
  • Sugar
  • Alcohol
  • Meat
  • Eggs
  • Caffeine

Week 2:  The Clean Program
For Week 2, I will follow a plan based on Dr. Alejandro Junger's book Clean.  I've talked about this plan on the blog before.  For this week, I will see if all the great things I've heard about Clean are true.

Week 3:  Detox for Women
I've done Natalia Rose's plan before with great results.  Based mostly on juicing, this week will be a terrific follow up to Dr. Junger's elimination diet in Week 2.

Week 4:  Crazy Sexy Diet
Kris Carr's program is more like a permanent way of eating than a detox.  Her book will be the perfect transition back to "real life."

Also as part of the detox, I will aim to (gulp) meditate 20 minutes a day and do some form of exercise 30 minutes a day.  So, there you have it.  Spring 2012 Detox is underway!! Be sure to like the Happy Healthy Belly Facebook page to stay up to date with all the latest detox info.

-♥ J :)

P.S.  We all know that I am a blogger not a doctor, so ALWAYS check with a qualified healthcare professional before undertaking any new nutrition program.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...