5/3/12

Natalia Rose: Detox 4 Women

Reasons why I love nutritionist Natalia Rose:

  1. While she doesn't encourage drinking coffee, she is not militant about giving it up. As long as the coffee is consumed on an empty stomach, Natalia feels it is not a major disruption to the detox process.
  2. On Natalia's plan, you can have a moderate amount of red wine and dark chocolate.  'Nuff said.
  3. She changed my life.

I'm not being dramatic when I say Natalia Rose changed my life.  Ok, I am being dramatic, but that doesn't make it any less true.  Natalia's books Raw Food Detox Diet and Detox for Women forever changed my approach to eating and nutrition.  A vegetarian since high school, I had always considered myself a healthy eater.  Little did I know, a lot of the foods that I considered "healthy" were actually causing me to feel exhausted and puffy.  When I went on Natalia's plan I experienced the following...



  • I lost 10 pounds of frozen yogurt/bagel weight that I had been carrying since college.  
  • I discovered the miracle that is "Green Juice."
  • I stopped getting the twice yearly two-week debilitating colds that I thought were "normal." 
  • I felt more centered, peaceful and creative than I had in years.

Natalia operates from the idea that "the root cause of physical, emotional, and mental imbalance is the clogging of our cells, tissues, organs, and pathways due to the accumulation of inappropriate matter left behind."  In other words, everything from pimples to heart disease can be traced back to a blockage in the miraculous highway of energy that is the human body.  Like Clean, her food plan focuses on consuming easily digestible, "quick exit" foods, creating space for healing in the digestive track and eliminating foods that are mucus forming irritants.  A typical day on Natalia's plan might look like this:

  • Upon rising: 1 liter pure water
  • Later in the morning: 16 to 32oz. of vegetable juice
  • Lunch: Large salad with veggies of choice and/or more vegetable juice
  • Afternoon snack: Raw vegetables with salsa
  • Vegan Dinner:  Green salad with avocado, steamed or sauteed non-starchy vegetables and sweet potato OR...
  • Non-Vegan Dinner: Green salad of choice and grilled salmon with steamed or sauteed non-starchy vegetables

Her books have become my home base; a way of eating where I feel and look my best.  Even when I stray, I know exactly what to do to get back in balance.  Speaking of straying...did I mention that I was traveling last week and basically ate my way through New York??  I didn't mention that??  Hmm...weird.  

-♥ J :)

P.S. More on Natalia HERE.

Natalia Rose Detox For Women Shopping List
Vegetables:
-Greens for salad: romaine, lettuce, baby lettuces, spinach, etc.
-Greens for juicing: kale, romaine, collard, spinach, dandelion, bok choy, watercress
-Veggies for munching: carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, beets
-Veggies for cooking: broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, spaghetti squash, asparagus, brussels sprouts, beets, etc.
-Starchy vegetables: sweet potatoes and yams, pumpkins, acorn squash
-Avocado
-Lemons
-Sea vegetables: kelp, arame, kombu, hiziki
-Herbs and seasonings: basil, parsley, cilantro, garlic, onion, sea salt, pepper

Grains:
-Millet
-Soba (buckwheat) noodles

Condiments:
-Marinara sauce
-Nama Shoyu
-Dijon mustard

Extras:
-Dark chocolate (68% or higher cocoa)
-Nu Naturals Stevia

Non-Vegan Foods:
-Raw goat cheese
-Organic butter
-Organic eggs from cage free hens
-Fresh wild fish
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...