2/15/12

Alicia Silverstone's Vegan Artichoke Dip

Hi Jen.  I hope you are doing well.  I was just wondering if you could possibly share your artichoke dip recipe with me.  I have been craving it cause it's amazing.  I really want to make it.  I looked up some recipes online but they all seem different and I wasn't sure the ingredients that you use.  Hope to talk to you soon.  -Melissa

The dip Melissa is jonesing for is Alicia Silverstone's vegan artichoke dip from her book The Kind Diet.  I have made this recipe for almost every holiday, baby shower, birthday and sporting event since buying the book two years ago.  Known in my circle of friends simply as "The Dip", I have gotten more requests for this dish than anything else I have ever made.  I keep increasing the recipe to meet growing demand, but it's still not enough.  There are never any leftovers and inevitably someone will say: "Next time you should definitely make more."  Every party is better with The Dip!

-♥ J :)

**The recipe below is how I make The Dip and is slightly tweaked from Alicia's recipe.  For example, Alicia uses grated soy Parmesan.  I like using Parma Vegan Parmesan because, since it is made from nuts, it is sturdier and makes for a heartier consistency.  For the original recipe, be sure to check out The Kind Diet.  It is such a wonderful book chock full of great information about becoming vegan as well as some of the most delicious recipes you have ever tasted!


You will need:
-4 (8.5 ounce) cans of artichoke hearts in water
-2 cups Soy-Free Vegenaise
-1 and 1/2 (7 ounce) containers Parma Vegan Parmesan 
-1 garlic clove
-paprika

  1. Using a wooden spoon, mash up artichoke hearts in a salad spinner or colander.  Allow excess water to drain.
  2. In a large bowl, add Vegenaise, most of the Parma "cheese" (Reserve 1/4 cup for later use), and chopped garlic.  Combine well. 
  3. Scrape the dip into a baking dish (like this one).  Sprinkle remaining Parma on top of dip.  Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and browned on top.  Sprinkle with paprika, and serve with crackers, organic tortilla chips or endive leaves.
  4. Eat and Enjoy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...