1/9/12

The resolution starts now.

Good day, my Veg Friends.  Welcome to 2012.  Doesn't it just sound like the future??? Oooh, I love me a new year!  Nothing sets my heart a flutter like the crisp, dewy newness of January 1st.  It is a new dawn, a new day and a chance to do everything a little better than you "done did it" the year before.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been debating about whether or not I should make some New Year's resolutions.  Part of me agrees with Leo that "the best goal is no goal." All real change takes place in the present moment.  We make small change upon small change and painstakingly inch towards a new way of being.  Then again, I do love a good list.  Ok, if you twisted my arm (Ow..OW!!) the following would be my New Year's resolutions for 2012:

  • Wake up early.  Well…earlier.  I have long had a theory that if I woke up at 6am I would be a vastly more productive person.  I don't know why I have this theory and don't have any real evidence to support it.  In fact, when I have tried this little experiment in the past it usually results in an obscene amount of coffee consumption followed by an afternoon nap.  Nevertheless, I would like to give it a go….again.
  • Shop at the Farmer's market.  I am perpetually trying to eliminate excess waste, eat whole organic foods and save money.  Shopping at my local Farmer's market would accomplish all three of these things in one fell swoop.  And while I'm there…
  • Remember to use my reusable bags. I have enough reusable bags to buy groceries for you, me and a gaggle of our closest friends.  I, also, leave them in my home, my car, your home and your car enough times that I might as well not have them at all.  I'm not saving the planet by keeping them in my trunk.  And speaking of the planet...
  • Stop using paper towels.  Hi, I'm Jen and I'm a paper towel addict.  I have kept this deep, dark secret from you for too long.  Admitting I have a problem is the first step.  The next step is to actually use all the cloth towels that I virtuously bought in the hopes of eliminating waste and being more like this woman.  
  • Eat less. I'm going to follow my own advice and try to eat proper portions of food.  By "proper portion" I mean one plate of fries instead of two. One heaping serving of pasta versus three.  Not finishing a pint of coconut ice cream in one sitting...that sort of thing.  I feel like this will make me feel very French and very chic.  At the very least it will stop me from inhaling food faster than my husband.  Speaking of which…
  • Chew my food.  I eat food so quickly that when I was a kid my father used to yell at me, "No one is taking it away from you!!  Slow down!!"  I am going to slow down and mindfully enjoy my meals like..oh, say...a chic, French person.  Or just less like a rabid dog.
  • No quitting coffee.  Unless I want to quit.  No, I probably won't quit.  Yeah, definitely not going to quit.  For now.  My husband bought me this coffee maker for christmas because he knows that I am forever vacillating between coffee and tea.  My battle with coffee is a grisly, well documented war.  For now though, I give up...or rather, don't give up.  You win coffee!!  I love your bitter goodness and don't want to ever see you go.  For now, anyway.
  • Try to do this: 


I mean, really, that is just awesome.

-♥ J :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...