1/13/12

I feel the need…the need for greens.

Over white wine and vegan dip at Amelia's Wednesday night, Grasie mentioned that she was halfway through Kris Carr's 21-Day Adventure Cleanse: Crazy, Sexy Diet.  "Wow, so you gave up coffee, too??" I marveled.  Grasie said it wasn't that bad.  "When I get up, first I'll have hot water with lemon...maybe with a dash of cayenne."  Hot water and lemon.  I've always wanted to be the type of person who wakes up with hot water and lemon.  It seems so serene and civilized.  That type of person wouldn't stumble out of bed in ill-fitting pajamas, unable to muster so much as a "good morning" without half a cup of coffee in their system. That type of person probably does this:


"And then I'll have Yerba Mate," Grasie continued.  "Maybe I could do that.  Maybe I could do Yerba Mate," I rationalized.  "But you already said that you are not giving up coffee this year," Amelia shouted from the kitchen. "You already wrote it on the blog."  Amelia also reminded me that I had promised to eat smaller portions as I reached for seconds of the delicious, crack-like dip she had made.**  Apparently, Amelia is a very comprehensive reader.

"Do you have any interest in doing the Kris Carr cleanse with me?" I asked John when I got home.   "And what would that entail exactly?"  "Basically no coffee, alcohol, meat, dairy, gluten or sugar for 21 days.  And we'd have to meditate everyday for, like, 15 to 20 minutes…among other things.  And in the morning we drink hot water with lemon."  John just stared at me.  "Well, we could just do our best," I prodded.  "It will be fun!!"  John didn't look like he thought it would be fun.  

But it will be fun!!!  Come on, Veggies!!!  We can start on Monday!!  Anyone up for a little cleansing???  Anyone???

-♥ J :)

**The dip Amelia made was the Cheesy, Oozy Guacamole Bean Dip from Alicia Silverstone's book The Kind Diet.  Since I was too busy inhaling it to remember to take a picture for you, here is a video of Alicia herself whipping up a batch.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...