1/26/12

The Cold Front



Yesterday, I was felt a cold coming on, so I decided to make my go to "kick-that-cold-back-where-it-came-from" home remedy.  I made it up last year when my Mom felt like she was getting sick.  She drank it as soon as she started to feel run down and BAM!  Cold was sent a packin'.  

  • 2 cups organic low sodium* vegetable stock
  • chopped garlic cloves (to taste)**
  • cayenne pepper (to taste)
  • juice of 1 lemon

In a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil.  Drink and enjoy!

-♥ J :)

*It is very important that the vegetable broth be "low sodium."  I forgot to tell Erin that when I gave her the recipe and she woke up with puffy, salty eyes.

**I usually use 3-4 cloves of garlic and as much cayenne as my stomach can stand (about 1/4 teaspoon).  Be warned...this is not a breath friendly recipe.  Consume only around your closest friends and definitely not before a hot date.  I usually drink it and go right to sleep.

P.S. Do you have any favorite home remedies??  Hop on over to the Happy Healthy Belly Facebook page to share them!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...