8/25/11

Happy Healthy Belly at Lululemon Part 2

I love yoga.  I love food.  When Nina suggested an event at Lululemon that had yoga AND food, I was there like flax on seed.  Nina wanted the Lululemon yogis to have wholesome, real food snacks that wouldn't undo all the good that the morning yoga class had done for their bodies.  Here's what I made:

This smoothie recipe is a staple of mine.  I have pretty much made it for everyone who has ever come to my house...ever.  It's light, refreshing, cheap and easy.  (I, also, do a pineapple mint version of this smoothie...but with vodka mixed in...and topped off with champagne.  But that is a post for another day, Veggies...)


Pineapple Berry Lemonade Smoothie
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup frozen organic berries
-1/2 cup frozen organic pineapple
-1 and 1/4 cup water
-Juice of one whole lemon
-Half a packet of Nu Naturals Stevia*

1. Put all the ingredients into blender.
2. Blend and enjoy!!!
*Agave or (a touch of) maple syrup can be substituted for Stevia.

This was my first time making these protein bars.  The recipe I used is from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Cookbook.  The bars tasted great, but they were a little crumblier than I would have liked.  Next time I would add more almond butter or use less oats to see if I could get them to keep their bar shape better.  I was also thinking that if I added more oats to the recipe it would make a great no-bake granola.  Either way the flavor was delicious!  Experiment with the recipe yourself and let me know if you have any tips!

No-Bake Nut Butter Energy Bars
Makes 16 servings
Ingredients:
-1/2 cup agave nectar
-2 tbsp coconut butter
-1 1/2 cup nut butter
-3 cups oatmeal
-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
-1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries or coarsely chopped dried apple
-1/2 cup slivered almonds
-1/2 cup sunflower seeds

1. Warm agave, coconut butter and nut butter in a saucepan until ingredients are soft enough to combine easily when mixed.  Remove from heat.
2. Add oatmeal and protein powder and mix well.  Then, add dried fruits, almonds and seeds.  Mix well.
3. Spread into 9-inch square pan. Let cool in the fridge and cut into squares. 

Once again, a big thanks to Nina and Lululemon for hosting such a fun event!!!  I had the best time!!

-♥ J :)

*To read more about Lululemon and their very cool philosophy click HERE.
**To get your butt kicked in Nina's spin class click HERE.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...