8/2/11

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

Dairy is bad for you. 
Ha!  Just kidding.  That's not the secret.  (No, but really, it is bad for you…)
My secret has to do with why I love minimalism.
I love (Love-ity, LOVE, LOVE!!!) minimalism because….

I'm lazy.
Yep.  
That''s it.
Secret's out.

I'm a big 'ole lazy bones who has no interest in washing, drying, buying, dusting, folding, finding, storing, repairing, moving, holding or looking at a bunch of stuff.  I'd much rather spend my time doing something useful…like catching up on episodes of Real Housewives of New York.  In a perfect world, everything in my home would have a purpose, a place and be pleasing to the eye.  In the real world, eh….I'm working on it.

That is why I just about fell over with joy when I walked into my friend Lindsay's downtown LA loft.  Lindsay's place, where she lives with her fiance Kaiser, made my little minimalist heart go all a flutter. As pretty as it was functional, their apartment was the "after" to my "before."

Now since this was the first time Lindsay and Kaiser were having us over, I resisted the urge to run around snapping pictures of their apartment.  That would have been strange first visit behavior even for me.  But, alas, that means I have no pictures for you.  I did, however, take a mental notes of the highlights.  Here are some the pieces that made me swoon.



The focal point of the studio was a gorgeous rustic wood bed (similar to this one).  It had a recessed mattress with built-in drawers for extra storage.  Lindsay said the bed was a queen but because of the wood frame "it felt more like a king".  The frame is so large that it also doubles as extra seating if they are having a party.




Lindsay and Kaiser have an uber-chic Barcelona Chair and Ottoman that is just begging for martinis, hors d'oeuvres and sparkling conversation.  The cozy throw they had on the chair made it equally as appealing for a night in with a good book.



To keep their space free of clutter, this folding dining table is kept in the closet along with these stackable chairs.  When extended, the table is 65 and 1/2 inches wide and seats 6.  Folded down it is a slim 9 and 1/2 inches which makes for very easy storage.  When entertaining, Lindsay and Kaiser move their couch to one wall creating a large open space.  The beautiful table then becomes the centerpiece of the room.







Thanks to Lindsay and Kaiser for having us over and congrats on your engagement!!!  
I'm sure your wedding will be as chic, warm and lovely as the two of you are.

-♥ J :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...