5/27/11

Necessity is the Mother of Salad Dressing

Yesterday I wasn't in the mood for my go to salad dressing, so I started messing around with some leftovers that I had in the kitchen.  I came up with this:

Avocado "Tahini" Salad Dressing
-1 very ripe avocado
-2-3 heaping tablespoons of hummus
-juice of 1 lemon
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1/8 cup water
-1/2 packet of Nu Naturals Stevia

  mix all ingredients in a blender until creamy*
add lemon pepper to taste
       
I served the dressing over romaine lettuce, black beans and steamed artichoke hearts.  Then I topped the whole thing with this yummy salad booster.  It was so good that I gobbled it up before I could snap a picture to show you the fruits of my labor.  Many apologies, Veggies.  
Next time I'll (try to…) exercise some self-restraint.

- ♥ J :)


*Experiment with the texture.  I think if you added less oil and water this would make a fantastic dip.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...