5/24/11

For the Moms


Yesterday everyone's favorite girl crush Joanna Goddard of A Cup of Jo posted some really helpful info for Moms.  Since so many of my friends are new moms or moms-to-be, I thought I'd share.

You can read the posts here and here.

So, Mom friends: How did having a baby change your eating habits?  Did finding out that you were pregnant make you eat healthier or were you more susceptible to cravings? Are there foods that you loved before you were pregnant that no longer interest you?  How does lack of sleep and time factor into your food choices?  Leave me a comment below or tweet me @hhbelly.  Would love to hear from you!

In honor of the Moms, I'll leave you with one of my favorite smoothie recipes.  It can be made it under 5 minutes (that is including clean-up…), without measuring cups and will keep you full for hours.
Yay, Moms!!!

-♥ J :)


Banana Chocolate Chip Smoothie
(serves 1)
Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 hefty scoop of almond butter
  • 1 handful of organic raw cacao nibs (I like this brand.)
  • 1 teaspoon chia seeds
  • Half a packet of Nu Naturals Stevia (Add only if  necessary.  I think it is sweet enough without it…)
Directions:
  1. Put all the ingredients into a blender.
  2. Add enough almond milk to almost cover the banana.
  3. Blend and enjoy!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...