4/19/11

GT'S KOMBUCHA…how do I love thee???

No, seriously....how do I love GT'S KOMBUCHA???  It is excessively bubbly, very stinky and has a weird, gooey thing living (I think..like…literally living…) in bottom of the bottle.  It also tastes like vinegar.  Nevertheless, I love it so.  I love it with unconditional, arms wide open, look the other way, reckless abandon.

GT'S KOMBUCHA purports to provide every health benefit under the sun and I would drink one everyday if I could.  But I can't.  The one thing I don't love about GT'S is the price.  They are a whopping $3.50 a piece.  That's a nice treat once in a while, but drinking them regularly would cost as much as my monthly cell phone bill.

While doing this $2.36 Challenge I can't fit even one itty-bitty GT's into my budget.  But I need my fix...

Enter Apple Cider Vinegar:


Apple cider vinegar is just as strange and stinky (and purports just as many health benefits…see this LINK) as GT'S, but one bottle costs $2.49 and makes 32(!!!) servings.  For those of you playing our home game, that is one whole month of weird health drink for $2.49 versus $108.50 for GT's drink.  It even has a gooey, living thing (it's called "The Mother"!)  at the bottom of the bottle just like GT's.  It is also delicious in salad dressing.  Bottom's up, Veggies!

-♥ J :)

Strange and Stinky but (probably) Good For You Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Ingredients:

Directions:
  1. Add lemon and honey to taste.
  2. Stir, drink and enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...