4/7/11

Bringing Home Baby

We have a very special new addition in our house.

She is 20-1/2" tall, a healthy 10 lbs. 9 oz., and she blends like a Mo-Fo.
Meet…Ruby!
My New Vita-Mix!!!

Gaahh!!!

I am so giddy with excitement I can barely stop blending things long enough to write this.  So far I've made broccoli and lentil soup…broccoli, lentil and avocado soup…a banana, almond butter, cacao smoothie…banana, blueberry, orange juice smoothie…dijon vinaigrette dressing…avocado raw-vegan ceasar dressing….I'm a woman possessed!  My poor husband has been eating pureed foods for three days straight.  I'm actually glad I'm stuck at home with a cold because that means I get to stay in and blend juice all day.

Let me tell you about my little sweet-pea Ruby.  Ruby is quite the overachiever.  She turns everything into yummy, blended loveliness in record time.  She chops, juices, purees, grinds.  She can make nut butters and heat soup!  And cleaning her is super easy.  No parts to dismantle.  Just squirt her with some dish soap, fill with warm water, blend on high and rinse.  I am so in love.

I'll be sure to keep track of all my blending adventures and post the ones that I think turn out the best (e.g. the avocado raw-vegan ceasar…AMAZING!).  Today, in honor of the cold that I am battling, I will leave you with my favorite smoothie recipe. This recipe is so cheap and easy it's ridiculous.  Not only is it my go to cold remedy, but it's pretty much my breakfast all summer long.  When my friend Erika was pregnant with her son she couldn't get enough of this smoothie and…well…her son turned out friggin' adorable(!!!).  Coincidence????  Well, maybe.  Erika and her husband are very attractive.  But it's still a really good smoothie.

Blueberry Lemonade Smoothie

You will need:
1 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
1 and 1/4 cup water
Juice of one whole lemon.
Half a packet of Nu Naturals Stevia.

Makes 1 serving.

Put all the ingredients into Ruby… I mean...a blender.
Blend and drink.*
* I like to add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to this smoothie.
(But, full disclosure, I'll add chia seeds to anything standing still…)

Any berries can be substituted for blueberries.
Just make sure they are frozen and (if possible) organic**.
Agave or (a touch of) maple syrup can be substituted for Stevia.
If you add more water to the recipe it turns it into blueberry juice!

Much love, my Veggies!
I hope you are having a wonderful day!






Yes, that is me cradling my blender.
Don't judge me.

-♥ J

**Non-organic berries are often listed in "The Dirty Dozen" foods that have the highest pesticide residue.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...