5/29/12

Fun, Sun and Vodka Smoothies

This weekend John and I stopped by Charli and Steve's for a little summer kick off barbecue.  I was in charge of the fruity drinks.  I had planned to try out this recipe, but at the last minute decided to make one of my old standbys: The Pineapple Mint Lemonade Vodka Smoothie.


For this recipe I used:

  • vodka
  • frozen pineapple
  • Trader Joe's French Market Sparkling Lemonade
  • champagne (you can also use prosecco or sparkling wine)
  • fresh mint

Put all ingredients, except for the champagne, in a blender.  I used my new favorite gadget: the NutriBullet.  Be sure to reserve a bit of mint for garnish.


Blend.  Be careful when taking off the lid.  The carbonation from the sparking lemonade can make things a little bubbly.

Pour mixture into a fancy glass and top with champagne.


Garnish with mint.  Drink and enjoy!!!  


To change this smoothie from naughty to nice, leave out the alcohol and TJ's lemonade.  Instead, add the juice of 2 lemons, a touch of stevia, water and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.  Same great taste and it's actually good for you!  Either version pairs nicely with a vegetable feast.  


Thanks for the fun, sun and massive amount of veggies Charli and Steve!!!

-♥ J :)

P.S.  Later in the afternoon, Charli decided to whip up a batch of amazing dark chocolate cupcakes...from scratch.  I was so busy inhaling them I forgot to snap a picture.  Maybe I can convince Charli to make them again...you know... just for blogging purposes. ;)

P.P.S.  Way, way later in the afternoon, we also made the drinks sans mint and lemonade.  Instead, we subbed in ginger beer.  So. Good. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...