7/3/12

Smoothie Obsession: Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie


photo via Kimberly Snyder

Ever since I got my NutriBullet, I have been obsessed with making smoothies…good and bad.  Between you and me, I put my juicer in the closet because it's just been sitting on the counter collecting dust.  My latest smoothie of choice is Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie:


Trademarked and everything, Kimberly claims that this smoothie is the perfect daily detox and should be consumed every morning.  She even makes a really compelling argument about why her smoothie might be more beneficial than juice.  To make the GGS, Kimberly uses a Vitamix because of how well it pulverizes the vegetables.  However…and this is a $350 dollar difference "however"….I think my NutriBullet does the same exact thing.  And it takes up less space.  And it is easier to clean.  And it only cost $99 dollars at Target versus $450 dollars for the Vitamix.  Just sayin'.

-♥ J :)

P.S.  I should mention that I'm totally not being paid in any way by the NutriBullet people to say those nice things.  I'm just a nerd who loves her blender.

Kimberly Snyder's Official Glowing Green Smoothie
Ingredients:
(Makes 64 ounces/ 2-4 servings)
  • 11/2-2 cups very cold, filtered water
  • 6 cups organic spinach, chopped
  • 5 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
  • 2 stalks of organic celery
  • 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
  • 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
  • 1 organic banana
  • 1-2 Tbs. fresh organic lemon juice

Optional Ingredients:

  • Ice cubes
  • 1/2 cilantro
  • 1/2 cup organic parsley

Directions:

  1. Add water, spinach and chopped romaine to the blender. 
  2. Starting the blender on a low speed; mix until smooth.

  3. Gradually move to higher speeds and add the herbs, celery, pear, and apple. 
  4. Add the banana and lemon juice last.
  5. For 1 serving, cut out one of the fruits and the celery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...