7/12/12

The Right Stuff



This article about a couple living in a 240 square foot apartment got me thinking about stuff.  When explaining how she and her husband maintain a clutter-free existence in such a small space, writer photographer Erin Boyle said, "..the rule of thumb is to only accumulate things that you really love."

I think that is why I am drawn to small living spaces.  (Remember this tiny home??)  Nothing like a lack of storage to force a person to choose what is important.  There is literally no room for the extraneous.  Also, paring down possessions leaves more room in life for life.  The time, money and energy spent cleaning, repairing, protecting, packing, storing, hauling, selling and maintaining stuff now is freed up for loftier pursuits like...you know…living.

-♥ J :)

P.S.  My favorite minimalist loft.
P.P.S.  My favorite minimalist cartoon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...