photo via Oh She Glows
"Recipes please: healthy main courses that are heavy on the vegetables, preferably vegetarian and easy. I'm getting bored of basic stir-fry with soy sauce."
At first I suggested Cara's Vegan Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese, but Sara wanted something that "has more veggies and doesn't require a trip to Whole Foods." After a bit of detective work, I stumbled upon this recipe for Layered Raw Taco Salad from Oh She Glows. However, since Angela's salad recipe (printable version HERE) still requires some specialty items, I tweaked it so that it would only include foods that are available in any supermarket.
-♥ J :)
P.S. If you are ever looking for fun, innovative vegan recipes, Oh She Glows is where it's at. Angela has recipes for everything under sun!
Easy-Peasy Taco Salad
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Mix black beans, chopped tomato, red and green onion in with quinoa.
- Fold in the juice of one lemon and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, layer guacamole over mixed greens.
- Add scoop of quinoa mixture on top of guacamole.
- Drizzle w/ salsa and garnish w/ organic tortilla chips.