9/28/11

And it's Detox for the win!!!


After much procrastination…I mean, deliberation…I have decided to do a fall detox.
I got this email from Charli the other day. I took it as a sign.

Hi Jen!
Just wanted to link you and Stacey on this. She's trying to eat healthy and is considering doing a cleanse, so I thought you'd be a good resource for books, info, recipes, etc. Have at it, you two!
Cheers,
Charli

Now, fall may seem like a strange time for a detox. It's not a "change-your-life-this year-is-going-to-be-different" New Year's detox. It's not a "good-buddha-do-I-really have-to-appear-in-front-of-people-in-a-swimsuit?!?!" summer detox. It's not even a "I-am-going-clear-out-all-the-clogging-goopy-junk-from-my-life" spring cleaning detox.  By the time fall rolls around, you may just feel like throwing on a bulky sweater and calling it a day... 



However, fall is a very important time of year.  It is a time for introspection.  Fall is about taking stock of where you are vs. where you want to be.  It is about stripping away all that has come before and trusting life to renew itself once again.  It is about letting your "leaves" fall away leaving only your barest essence, the root of who you are, so that you may bloom a more vibrant and life giving being.  Besides, if we start a detox by October 1st think of how cute we will look in our halloween costumes...

Let's do this, Veggies!!!  The next few days will be all about prep.  I will make us some shopping lists, formulate our game plan and set up some rules.  I will also spend this time trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I will be giving up coffee...  

-♥ J :)

P.S.  I wanted to thank you guys for all of your future post requests!!!  Apparently, you want to talk about food, food and...food.  I am happy to learn that you are just as obsessed with food as I am. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...