3/17/12

Top of the Veggie to ya!!

My last meal as a meat eater was corned beef and cabbage.  My Dad's birthday is two days before St. Patrick's Day and my stepmother usually makes a big traditional Irish dinner for him.  When I was 15, I decided to give up meat…the week of my Dad's birthday dinner.  I felt bad breaking the news on his big day, so I made his dinner my last meat meal.  It actually has turned out to be a nice little anniversary.  Every year as I wish my Dad a Happy Birthday, I say Happy Birthday to my Veggie self as well.  I also breathe a quiet sigh of relief that I never have to eat corned beef and cabbage again.  I hate corned beef and cabbage.  

In honor of St. Patty's Day and my Veggie anniversary, please enjoy this festive, healthy Very Veggie Shamrock Shake smoothie recipe.  Or just have a Guinness.  No judgements here. 

-♥ J :)

Very Veggie Shamrock Shake
You will need:
  •  juice of: 1 apple, 1 lemon, 1 cucumber, 1 bunch of kale
  • 1cup frozen pineapple
Directions:
  • Blend juice mixture with 1 cup frozen pineapple.
  • Drink and enjoy!!
Guinness
You will need:
  • a store that sells Guinness
  • a can opener
  • the day off tomorrow
Directions:
  1. Open with can opener.
  2. Drink and enjoy!! (responsibly please...)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...