3/21/12

Happy Healthy Belly TV: How to paint an accent wall

Happy spring my Veg friends!!!  Do you have  a case of spring fever like I do??  I woke up yesterday all a flutter with new plans, new projects and a flurry of new ideas.  I want shake off winter the way a soaked dog shakes off water.  When I get in a mood like this it only means one thing…I'll be cleaning the shiz-nit out of my apartment.  It always starts with the apartment.  Clearing out my living space just makes everything else feel lighter and brighter.  

In that spirit, I hope you'll enjoy this video that John and I made about how to paint an accent wall.  It always amazes me how adding a touch of color can change the whole feel of a room.  We made this video in the hopes that it will inspire you to bring a little color into your life as well.  Enjoy!

-♥ J :)


John's Five Painting Tips
  1. Use blue painter's tape to tape off the perimeter of your wall.  Be sure to use a "safe release tape" (like THIS ONE) on wood.
  2. Patch any holes with spackle or joint compound.  Once dry, smooth patches by sanding them with fine grit sandpaper.  You can also use a damp sponge to blend them with the wall's surface.
  3. Using a primer, paint over patches, scuffs or marks.  This ensures that spackle will not show through when you paint over it.
  4. To give your wall clean crisp lines, first paint the perimeter of the wall with a paint brush.  This is know as "cutting in."
  5. Use the "M Technique."  Paint an "M" in an 18 inch x 18 inch square.  Next, fill in the square making sure the paint is spread evenly in that area.  Continue to paint this way, making sure that your squares overlap slightly and are blended together thoroughly. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...