10/24/11

Criss Cross Applesauce

It was a cool, cloudy day in LA**,  so I decided to curl up with a cozy cup of tea and my nutrition books.  I was fixin' to get a move on some good 'ole fashioned blog work.  A couple of hours in I was feeling equal parts peckish and lazy.  I wandered over to the kitchen to see what I could rustle up.  Pickins was slim. (It occurs to me that I am inadvertently writing this with what appears to be some sort of western accent.)  All we's had in the mess (now I'm doing it on purpose…) was apples, frozen blueberries and halloween candy. (Thanks, Mom.)  What's a lass to do???  Well, this lass made blueberry applesauce.


Blueberry Applesauce

Ingredients:
-2 apples (cut and cored)
-1 cup frozen blueberries
-1/2 cup almond milk
-1 tsp. chia seeds
-1 tsp. cinnamon


Directions:
1. Put all ingredients in blender.  Reserve some of the frozen blueberries for later.
2. Blend.
3. Garnish with frozen blueberries and more cinnamon.
4. Eat.


That's it.  Easy as apple…sauce.  This recipe is detox friendly (since I hitched me-self back on ye 'ole detox wagon...) and would be a great snack for the youngins as well.  Happy eatin' partners!!!

-♥ J

**Upon John's arrival home, I was informed that it was no longer cool nor cloudy outside.  He cranked on the air conditioning and said, "Why are you wearing a wool hat?!"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...